During the ideas factory at our recent AGM I floated the idea of forming a local guerrilla gardening troop. Interested parties could share information on suitable sites, support each other with planting events and help raise funds for future raids.
Browsing on the internet I discovered there is an International Sunflower Guerrilla Gardening day planned for May 1st.
See http://www.guerrillagardening.org/ for more information.
Anyone who is interested in sowing some sunflower seeds this coming Sunday meet me at the Harold Road Community garden at 2pm (on the corner of Harold Road and Tottenham Lane N8). We can go and plant some sunflower seeds and talk about forming our troop.
What to bring:
- Sunflower seeds (although I shall have spare seeds available)
- A small dibber (a pencil would be ideal for this)
- A bottle of water (enough for you to drink and to water in the seeds)
- Your ideas for suitable sites
- Enthusiasm and a sense of fun
Any questions or thoughts please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org